Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recovering

The surgery went well. Everything went as planned. I got wheeled back into surgery at 11:45. Woke up around 2:00. Left the hospital at 5:30. My mom came and spent the night on Wednesday night, which was really helpful. I spent Thursday and Friday home alone, and it was glorious! Nothing but sleeping, reading and watching TV. It was a peaceful couple of days. I finished two novels in two days! And then read a third one yesterday. I went to my mom's to get out of the house a little bit yesterday. I had lunch there and slept on the couch. Today we ventured out to my grandparents' house to celebrate my grandpa's 65th birthday. I love my grandma!! I came home with a snuggie blanket and moisturizing socks - it was my "get well" goody package.

I'm home now agonizing over tomorrow. I'm home alone with the girls... back to real life. Good thing is I have a lunch meeting about Malachi House on Tuesday!! Wednesday will be another day at home, and on Thursday, I am going to Maddy's school to be a class helper. (I never get to do that when I'm working.)

I am going to get a manicure tomorrow night - it's a must. I need to go into Tuesday feeling good and ultra-confident. Need good nails for that! I just need to figure out how to tell my hubby that I need the manicure... hmmm. I think I'll just email him while he's at work tomorrow.

No comments: