Thursday, February 12, 2009

Job Stuff

It's been a busy week... I had lunch with a Malachi House board member on Tuesday and then a round of formal interviews there yesterday. Things went well. Am I certain this is a good fit? No. Need to learn more and figure out if fundraising is really the way I want to go... I do want to work in non-profit, but I rather do PR than development work. We'll see. The place is really touching and inspiring. The work would be meaningful... aaahhh.

I also had drinks last night with a friend and my former boss. It was good to catch up. It's still incredibly hard to hear about the person they hired to replace me at the hospital. I just have to keep doors open. And, listening to her, it does remind me of why I chose to leave in the first place.

The girls and I are home today. Maddy woke up at 2 a.m. with the stomach flu, throwing up ever since. Bummer is I was supposed to go to school with her today to be the parent helper for pink pancake day :( I'm sad we had to miss it. So far Emma is ok, but I would take bets that she ends up sick tonight!

No comments: