Friday, January 30, 2009

Cross

I'm not exactly sure why, but on my drive home after getting the news this morning, I felt this compelling need to wear a cross necklace. I wore one a few years ago when I was going through some personal crises, and somehow it always made me feel better. Problem is the one I used to wear broke last year. So, I stopped on the way home and bought a really inexpensive one. Somehow I just feel safer. I feel some sense that things will be ok. I'll probably wear this every day. I've been saying a lot more prayers these days - job stuff and other things - and the necklace just makes me feel like He's a little closer :)

I am amazed today at the outreach from friends and colleagues offering support and already making professional connections for me. I am so touched by the words everyone is saying about me and my work, and I know it will all work out. I am forever grateful to have such a wonderful support system.

No comments: