Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rockabye Baby

It was another sleepless night last night, and after watching TV for two hours and climbing back into bed, I just still couldn't sleep. Then, I started thinking about little Miss Emma sleeping in her crib and I so badly wanted to go in there and snatch her from her crib to rock and hold her, but I didn't. I didn't want to wake her up. So, imagine my excitement when 10 minutes later she wakes up on her own?! I went in there and scooped her up. We assumed our position in the rocking chair, and I just couldn't help but think that this will be one of the last times for this. She's almost 2 now, and every day she is less and less a "baby." I rocked her and kissed her head. There is something about her silky soft hair and the smells from her bath that just make me melt. She reached her hand up and touched my face, and I just couldn't stop thinking about how lucky and blessed I am - no matter where I work. My girls are beautiful and absolutely full of personality, and I love them so much. Miss Emma just completely drew out so many emotions in the rocking chair last night. I held her tight, snuggled up with her blanket, and we rocked much longer than she really needed. I felt so peaceful and relaxed, and so did she. I put her back in her crib and returned to my bed - snuggled up in my blankets and finally fell asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you get a new job yet? we are all waiting to here what happened...

Mandy Todo said...

No new job yet... See updated post.

The hospital job still is undecided. There are big budget issues there and they are re-vamping 2009 strategy.