Thursday, October 2, 2008

Out of Maddy's Mouth

This is probably going to be a regular thing - posting the crazy things that Maddy says.

Last night, out of the blue... "Mommy, you have a big job."
"I do? Who told you that?"
"Daddy."

Playing at home... "Mommy, can I walk the runway now?"
"Sure. Go ahead."
"No, mommy. You need to take my picture. I'm a top model."

Yelling when she catches me hugging daddy... "Mommy, get away from my daddy!"
"Why? I can't love daddy too?"
"No. You can only love Emma."

This morning, getting up for preschool... "Mommy, I want to take a shower by myself today."
"ok." Mommy puts her in the shower. She immediately starts yelling... "MOMMY! I CAN'T FIND MY BODY TO WASH!" She meant her pink body wash that was in the tub from her bath last night. "MOMMY!! I CAN'T FIND MY BLUE SHAMPOO!" Shampoo was with the body wash. "MOMMY!!! I LOVE YOU."

Last night, she had lined up a bunch of stuffed animals on the couch and was reading them books and pretending to be their teacher. She put stickers on each one. I asked her why they got stickers - for doing a good job? She says, "No, mom. Those are name tags." So, I asked what their names were, and proceeds to point to each and every single sticker and say, "See Mommy, M-A-D-D-Y Elmo. M-A-D-D-Y Patches. M-A-D-D-Y Monkey...." She thinks M-A-D-D-Y spells "name."

And one more thing.... every morning Maddy likes to stand on the scale in our bathroom. She tells me, "I have to measure my feet." aaahhh... if only that's what it really did!

No comments: