Thursday, October 23, 2008

13 Years and Counting

I was inspired by friend Megan and her post about her anniversary, and I wanted to post about some of the things that have changed since I had my first date with Jerry on February 24, 1995. Kind-of things we've been through together...

  • He taught me how to drive.
  • We went to Homecoming & Prom together our junior year.
  • I wore his football jersey to school and to his games :)
  • We broke up a few times - love high school drama!
  • We graduated high school together.
  • We went to college 4 hours away from each other, and made that drive in the middle of the night, when our schedules really didn't permit, and to turn around and drive right back, just to get 5 minutes of time together.
  • He lost his friend in college - he died from meningitis.
  • One year later, on the same day, he lost his precious "Grandpa George."
  • I graduated from ONU. Moved back home. Got a job. Quit said job and went back to school.
  • He graduated from Malone. Moved back home. Got a job.
  • We moved into a totally horrible apartment because it was cheap and we could be on our own together.
  • I got my Master's degree while we lived in that shitty apartment - Jerry paid all the bills on his first year teacher salary!
  • I got another job.
  • We broke our lease to buy/build our first home - moved in with my parents until it was ready.
  • We got married. June 8, 2002.
  • Went on a fabulous honeymoon.
  • I lost my job. Found a new one in mere days - just before we signed papers on our new house and moved in!!
  • We both got new, better paying jobs in 2003.
  • About a month after our second anniversary (2004), I got pregnant with Maddy.
  • In December of 2004 - suffered HUGE marital disaster, but lived to tell about it.
  • February 2005 - my grandma suffers major heart attack, life-flighted to Cleveland Clinic.
  • Maddy was born. March 25, 2005.
  • Niece Jenna was born April 6, 2005.
  • My brother got married. August 2005.
  • September 2005 - I am victim of identity theft. Resulted in $8,000 in credit card debt - later transferred to the thief!
  • My brother moved in with my parents - October 2005. FAMILY NIGHTMARE.
  • I switched jobs again - this time we needed to move.
  • My brother officially divorced - March 2006.
  • Built our second home (our dream home that we LOVE). Moved in April 2006.
  • July 2006 - got pregnant with Emma.
  • Emma was born. April 7, 2007.
  • Livin' life with two beautiful daughters.
  • June 2008 - my brother and fiancee have baby, Gabby.
  • August 2008 - I switched jobs again! VP.
  • September 2008 - my brother remarries.
  • November 2008 - nephew Julian will arrive!

As parents, we have done some amazing things with our girls that are cherished memories:

  • Maddy's emergency c-section.
  • All Maddy's firsts.
  • Hayrides at Boyert's every single year for Halloween.
  • Maddy to see Doodlebops live.
  • Maddy to see Sesame Street live.
  • Maddy to see My Little Ponies live.
  • Amazone.
  • Chuck E. Cheese
  • Kalahari (too many times to count)
  • Emma's scheduled c-section.
  • Both girls to see HSM on Ice
  • The movies.
  • The drive-in.
  • Wake-up Santa at the mall (totally insane).
  • Idlewild.
  • The Zoo.
  • Boo at the Zoo.
  • Artist for a Day.
  • All Fired Up.
  • Fairs.
  • Library adventures.
  • Geneva on the Lake.
  • Family reunions.
  • Emma's firsts.
  • Maddy's stitches.
  • Emma's broken foot.
  • Potty training.
  • Maddy's RSV scare.
  • Emma's horrible eczema issues.
  • Coming soon: HSM 3 movie trip!, Disney on Ice, DisneyWorld in June!!

Oh the list could go on and on. Anyhow, bottom line is that we've grown up together. We've gone from high school crazy drama teenagers to career/professionals, married with two amazing daughters. We've survived major blows to our relationship during the course of our 13 years, but there is no doubt we are in this life together forever. We've learned so much along the way, and we have truly shaped each other into the people we are today. I am so proud to be his wife and a mama to our little princesses :)

No comments: