Friday, November 7, 2008

Motivated by Music

Today I feel a little bit out of the funk I've been feeling for the past couple of weeks. I don't know why. Nothing really "happened." I just seem to have turned a weird sort-of corner and have a much more positive and confident attitude about how things will play out. I think this is partly because I started my day today listening to the CD I burned last night with some new songs on it... songs that are upbeat and made me feel good. Here's my playlist and why I am motivated by the songs:

1. One Step at a Time by Jordin Sparks - I love the song, but it also makes me stop and realize that this whole job thing can only happen one step at a time and certain things are out of my control.
2. So What by Pink - "So what. I'm still a rock star." I think that says it all. I'm still a rock star at what I do and I will be a rock star no matter where I end up.
3. Love Story by Taylor Swift - This song just makes me realize how far Jerry and I have come together, and we do have a great love story, and no matter what happens with work, that will NEVER change. He's 100% there for me.
4. Moments by ? - I forget who sings this, it's a country song... "I've had my moments, days in the sun, moments I was second to none." Makes me reflect back on my career and where I've been and where I can go as a result of those "moments."
5. All I Want to Do by Sugarland - This song is totally how I feel every morning about coming to work these days. I just want to stay home and love my babies and my hubby, because things are so crazy here; however, today is Friday - and all weekend, that is just what I get to do!

There are more songs on the CD, but these are the few that I just want to start singing and dancing right now because they are completely in my head. I brought the CD into my office and will periodically listen to it, just to keep my head in this positive place!

Happy Friday!

No comments: