Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hiatus

Well, it's been like 6 months since I've posted anything here. Why? Well, a lot has changed with me personally and professionally, and honestly, I had no idea what to do with this blog.

Do I want to be a "mommy blogger" and post about my kids? Not really. I love my kids, but more of my thoughts about them are purely in a bragging-show-off sort of way. Who doesn't think about their kids like that?

When I re-entered the blogging world last year, I had all intentions of writing more about my corporate life and the fashionista side of me that came with it; however, I am no longer living that life. Everyone knows I was job hunting during my last post. Happy news - I am employed and started a new job shortly after that last post. The interesting thing is that I now work for a start-up online news service and I am the only "employee" at this point. So, now some of this blog may share the trials and tribulations of heading down this untread path, I don't have too many characters to use here, and upon any Google search you would instantly figure out all of them.

Aside from the question of what to do with this blog, I also started wondering why do I want to blog at all? Answer: it's an outlet, a place to vent, a place to clear my head. Yes, sometimes I can write fun, spunky things, but I don't want to stress about that.

So - what's on my mind? What do I need to write about? Every day this is going to be my list of things on my mind, things that are stressing me out, things I just need to put somewhere... Maybe it's interesting to other people, and maybe it's not, but that's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to keep the name because, frankly, I love the name. And, also because finding the perfect shoes to any outfit is frequently a source of stress for me! Right now, I have some stress related to shoes: I have a DSW gift card (where said plaid pumps were purchased) and no time to shop!!!!

No comments: